By John | January 9, 2009
It only took 30 podcasts to figure out a way to get my favorate analyst, and IT management co host on my Cloud Cafe series. Actually I wanted the 30th podcast to be special and I had this idea of doing a “What is a Cloud from the Beginning” a few weeks back. At first I was going to do it all by myself, then I thought how cool would it be to get Michael Coté to interview me. I always have a great time being a co host on his “IT Management” podcast series and he really has a great style for doing podcasts. We hammer out all of the basics for what is a cloud. Here is an outline of the podcast:
- What is a “Cloud” and what is “Cloud Computing”?
- What do “Grids” and “Utility Computing” have to do with clouds?
- What about “Cloud Security”?
- We also talk about the latest cloud success stories.
- I end the podcast with describing 4 patterns of cloud computing.
We both had a great time and I really think you will enjoy this podcast.
I wanted to add a special thanks to Florence Neal for the artwork and Mike Colletti for the music. They both will be creating a series of “cloud” art and music for this podcast series. If you find any of their works interesting, feel free to link their sites and contact them directly.