By John | October 14, 2009
These are my links for October 10th through October 13th:
- Amazon EC2 attack prompts customer support changes – A distributed denial-of-service attack (DDOS) against Bitbucket.org, a popular Web site hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS), will lead to significant changes in how AWS handles network monitoring and customer support.
- The Cambrian Cloud Computing Explosion – Devoxx09 - Devoxx – A complete survey of cloud computing starting with early IBM ideas, traveling through Google's implementation, Amazon's Web Services; continuing with the state of the industry as it stands in late 2009.
We will also provide some insights and predictions for 2010, 2011, and beyond. This presentation cover the complete state of cloud computing and be useful for anyone working or planning to work in IT.
- The Multikernel: A new OS architecture for scalable multicore systems – Commodity computer systems contain more and more
processor cores and exhibit increasingly diverse architectural
tradeos, including memory hierarchies, interconnects,
instruction sets and variants, and IO configurations.
Previous high-performance computing systems
have scaled in specific cases, but the dynamic nature of
modern client and server workloads, coupled with the
impossibility of statically optimizing an OS for all workloads
and hardware variants pose serious challenges for
operating system structures.
- Resin Web Server – Resin provides a fast standalone web server. In our benchmarks, it serves static pages faster than Apache! For many sites, the standalone web server is ideal because of its performance and because it is easier to configure and maintain than using a separate web server.
- How 30+ enterprises are using Hadoop | DBMS2 — DataBase Management System Services – Big Data is Huge