If you work in ESM you might need to know about this watchlist.
This is my quest to find the best whiskey. Since life is to short and I prefer to stay sober 99.999 percent of the time I am going to narrow my original search list. My original search will include only single malts. Therefore where better to start than Scotland. Here is a quick overview of the Whisky producing regions in Scotland.
- Lowland â€” only three distilleries remain in operation: Auchentoshan, Bladnoch, and Gleinchie.
- Speyside â€” has the largest number of distilleries, which includes: Aberlour, Balvenie, Glenfiddich, The Glenlivet and The Macallan
- Highland â€” some Highland distilleries: Dalmore, Dalwhinnie, Glenmorangie, Oban, and Aberfeldy.
- Campbeltown, once home to over 30 distilleries, currently has only three distilleries operating: Glengyle, Glen Scotia and Springbank.
- Islay (pronounced I-LA, ËˆaÉªlÉ™ or eye-luh) â€” has eight producing distilleries: Ardbeg, Bowmore, Bruichladdich, Bunnahabhain, Caol Ila, Lagavulin and Laphroaig. A new small distillery, Kilchoman, has recently begun production, but is not yet selling whisky.
Another good link for prices: